Many times I've been asked to provide a lecture on wound care with an allotted time of 45 minutes to one hour. The reality is that wound care is so complex that one hour will provide only a superficial overview which may not serve many front-line clinicians.This year I had the opportunity to organize a half-day program at the Annual Meeting ofAMDA/PALTCin Atlanta,招募国内最优秀的教育工作者。Wound Care Boot Camp: The Basics and Beyond.
The transformation of the nursing home into a post-acute environment has increased acuity levels,causing a surge in demand for complex services including wound care. Because wound care is rarely taught in medical training,近年来，该领域发生了许多变化，there is a huge demand for educational programs. My goal in organizing this program was to meet this need.
The program included the following speakers and topics:
• Gary Brandeis MD,CMD: Assembling the wound program: Administrative Challenges
• Art Stone DPM: Prevention Overview
•Paul Takahashi MD：治疗产品概述
• Mary Litchford PhD,RDN: LDN Nutritional Aspects of Wound Care
• Vycki Nalls GNP-BC,CWS,ACHPN: Team Building: What to Expect from a Wound Nurse
• Shark Bird MD,CWSP：外包伤口的进出
• Karl Steinberg MD,CMD,医疗法律方面的伤口护理
• Jeff Levine MD,AGSF：皮肤衰竭，Terminal Ulceration,& Palliative Care
• Scott Bolhack MD,MBA,CMD,CWSP:伤口感染
I've been an active member of AMDA for over three decades,and its been a professionally rewarding experience to participate and see it grow.AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine represents over 50,000 medical directors,doctors,nurse practitioners,physician assistants,and other practitioners working in various post-acute and long-term care (PALTC) settings.Their membership draws from long-term care,assisted living,home care,hospice,以及医疗保健连续性中的其他位置。Their mission is to promote and enhance the quality of care across all post-acute and long-term care settings.
Thank you AMDA/PALTC for this opportunity!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *